First Aid At Work Course
Three Day Course - £195pp
Helping Hands are an approved WorkSafe Training Systems First Aid Provider and can offer several first aid courses. This First Aid At Work course will provide participants with the knowledge and practice to be able to respond to minor first aid incidents and emergency life saving situations in their workplaces.
The first aid at work qualification is a three day course that covers all aspects of First Aid in the workplace and conforms to HSE document ACOP L74
First Aid At Work Training Course Overview
Three Day Course
- Unit I: Introduction
- Unit II: Scene Assessment
- Unit III: Primary Survey & Unconscious Survey
- Unit IV: CPR
- Unit V: Choking
- Unit VI: Shock
-Unit VII: Wounds and Bleeding
- Unit VIII: Seizures
- Unit IX: Scenarios and Consolidation
- Unit X: Revision and Consolidation
- Unit XI: Secondary Survey
- Unit XII: Respiratory System and Hypoxia
- Unit XIII: Anaphylaxis
- Unit XIV: Asthma and Hyperventilation
- Unit XV: Drowning
- Unit XVI: Chest Injuries
- Unit XVII: Circulatory System
- Unit XVIII: Heart Problems
- Unit XIX: Skeletal system
- Unit XX: Fractures & Soft Tissue Injuries
- Unit XXI: Head, Neck & Back Injuries
- Unit XXII: Burns & Electrical Injury
- Unit XXIII: Scenarios and Consolidation
- Unit XXIV: Revision & Consolidation
- Unit XXV: Stroke
- Unit XXVI: Diabetes
- Unit XXVII: Hot and Cold Injuries
- Unit XXVIII: Poisoning
- Unit XXIX: First Aid Equipment and Recording
- Unit XXX: Revision and Consolidation
- Unit XXXI: Knowledge Assessment
- Unit XXXII: Course Completion
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you need any prior training/qualifications to do this course?
No, participants do not need any prior training or qualifications to attend this course. Helping Hands’ training courses are designed to pass on skills and knowledge to complete novices as well as experienced professionals, all participants will benefit from this course regardless of experience or existing skills/knowledge.
Do you offer this course online?
As this course contains some physical aspects and the teaching of hands-on skills it cannot be delivered online or via virtual workshop. To be able to pass this course participants must be able to demonstrate that they can execute the physical requirements and skills taught in this course and are deemed by the instructor as being capable of deploying these skills in real world scenarios.
Do you need to be physically fit to do this course?
There are some physical aspects to this course where participants need to be able to demonstrate proficiency and ability to execute these physical requirements in order to pass the course. However, these physical requirements are not considered to be taxing or requiring a high level of fitness – all people of moderate health will be able to participate without difficulty.
Do you gain a qualification from this course?
This course is certified by Worksafe Training Systems and participants of this course are deemed to hold a nationally recognised first aid qualification which will allow them to act as workplace first aiders.